Motivation and Getting a Flat Tummy and SIX PACK ABS
Getting Motivated to Get a FLAT STOMACH and SIX PACK ABS
What is motivation?
* The wants, needs and beliefs that drive an individual to achieve an objective.
* A desire to achieve a goal, combined with the energy to work.
* Intrinsic process that makes a person move toward achieving a goal.
As we can see from the above that motivation is basically internal goal-directed behaviour.
Why motivation and getting a sexy flat stomach and six pack abs?
The motivating factor could be:
* Health reasons – being overweight
* Summer – bought new swimwear for the beach
* Building self confidence – look and feel good
* Wedding – fit in wedding dress or suit.
* Made a bet with friend(s) or family
* Financially - cannot afford to buy bigger clothing
This is but a few examples of motivating factors that drives an individual to achieve his / her fitness goals.
The key to success is to have passion for something that you love doing. The moment you enjoy what you’re doing, naturally you will become motivated.
I can remember the first time that I went to salsa dance classes I could not dance at all. I really struggled just to do the basic steps, but I enjoyed it. I had to constantly enforce positive thinking and positive talking to motivate myself. I used to tell myself things like “I can do it”, “Salsa dancing is easy” and “I’m a great dancer”. At first it looked like a very difficult prospect, but I did not give up. I kept on training hard and did not lose focus and today I can go to any salsa social function and dance with confidence. Last year I came second in a salsa dance competition. I also give dance classes now.
We all can relate to similar type of experiences in our daily lives.
The same principles we can apply to losing weight and getting a sexy flat tummy or even 6 pack abs. The reality is that there are no quick fixes unless you want to spend a lot of money on surgeries and liposuction. Unfortunately there are risks involved with those types of procedures. There is a very famous quote “No pain, no gain!”
To realistically and naturally lose weight we have to set ourselves realistic goals, commitment, sacrifice and become motivated.
Empower yourself to step out of you comfort zone and take the bull by the horns. Yes, we can do it! See yourself with the dream body that you always wanted. Stand in front of a mirror and speak positively to yourself.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don’t wait for people to compliment or motivate you. It is an attitude and comes from within.
More Motivation Articles
- Stay focused and motivated to your fitness goals and success
- Some people don't give up with their goal of getting a flat stomach or six pack abs